Record of the General Assembly- April 22nd, 2015
On April 22nd, 2015, BEPS General Assembly held its meeting at the Holy Spirit University of Kaslik- Lebanon. The meeting was headed by its Secretary-General, Pr. Nehme Azoury.
- Members: Increasing the number of faculty of business administration and economic sciences members, up to 25%, notably in Bahrain, Iraq, Libya, Oman, KSA, Yemen and UAE. It was also convened to extend the number of political sciences faculty members up to 40%, especially in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria;
- Internal Structure: Establishing new positions and developing the internal structure of BEPS, namely at the level of research and development, corporate relations, marketing and students exchange among the Arab countries, members of BEPS;
- Conferences and Seminars: Reinforcing BEPS role, notably through the organization of scientific conferences and periodic seminars that will undoubtedly allow participants to discuss current events and exchange expertise.
- The Arab Economic & Business Journal: (1) Increasing papers to-be-published demands up to one paper per day, although the percentage of accepted papers is of 20% due to the requirements of the international quality standards. (2) Completing the indexation the journal in order to get the impact factor at a later stage.
- E-newsletter: Launching the e-newsletter that will be published twice a year. It will aim to enhance the communication between BEPS members.
- Quality and accreditation standards: Developing a joint study on quality and accreditation standards in line with both the recognized international standards and the Arab region particularities.
- Database: Establishing a database for the faculty members and non-members of the MENA region.
- Executive committee: Calling upon the faculty members seeking to join BEPS executive committee to come forward. This committee will be mainly in charge of expanding BEPS geographic representation;
- International relations: Reinforcing and developing the relation of BEPS with governmental and non-governmental international organizations, including the European Foundation for Management Development EFMD and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business AACSB International.
|Algeria||May 8, 1945 University of Guelma||Faculty of Law and Political Science||Dr. Wadad Ghozlani|
|Algeria||University of Mascara||Faculty of Economic Sciences, Commercial Sciences and Management||Dr. Fawzi Chiko|
|Bahrain||University of Bahrain||Faculty of Business and Administration||Dr. Minwir Al Shummari|
|Egypt||Alexandria University||Faculty of Commerce||Dr. Said Abd Al Aziz Ossman|
|Jordan||Al-Balqa’ Applied University||Amman College for Business||Dr. Aktham Al Sarayrah|
|Jordan||Irbid National University||Faculty of Financial and Administrative Sciences||Dr. Talal Bataynah|
|Jordan||Al-abayt University||Wisdom House Institute||Dr. Mohamad Al Mogdad|
|Jordan||Jerash University||Faculty of Economy and Administrative Sciences||Dr. Eyad Malkawi|
|Jordan||Mu’tah University||Political Science Department||Dr. Fayez Zuraigat|
|Jordan||Philadelphia University||Faculty of Administrative and Financial Sciences||Dr. Khaled Sartawi|
|Jordan||Tafila Technical University||Faculty of Financial and Administrative Sciences||Dr. Khaled Abu Aliqah|
|Jordan||Yarmouk University||Faculty of Economy and Administrative Sciences||Dr. Riad Al Momani|
|Jordan||Zarqa University||Faculty of Economy and Administrative Sciences||Dr. Mohammad Al Taee|
|Kingdom of Saudi Arabia||College of Business Administration (CBA||Dr. Mahmoud Omar Baeissa|
|Lebanon||Arts, Sciences & Technology University in Lebanon||Faculty of Business Administration||Dr. Mohammad Saleh Hammoud|
|Lebanon||Beirut Arab University||Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration||Dr. Nehale Farid Mostapha|
|Lebanon||Holy Spirit University of Kaslik||Faculty of Business and Commercial Sciences||Dr. Nehmé Azoury|
|Lebanon||Islamic University of Lebanon||Higher Institute of Management||Dr. Anwar Tarhini|
|Lebanon||Lebanese International University||School of Business||Dr. Adel Daaboul|
|Lebanon||Notre Dame University||Faculty of Law and Political Science||Dr. Chahine Gaith|
|Lebanon||Saint-Joseph University||Faculté de Gestion et de Management||Dr. Tony Jbeily|
|Sudan||Alzaiem Alazhari University||Faculty of Economics and Management Sciences||Dr. Abd El Rahman Abd El Wahab Nour El Daem|
|Sudan||Nile Valley University||Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration||Dr. Youssef Awad Al Karim|
|Sudan||Omdurman Islamic||Faculty of Administrative Sciences||Dr. Mohamad Ibrahim El Jack|
|Sudan||Red Sea University||Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences||Dr. Moussa Abdallah Saeed|
|Sudan||Sudan University of Science and Technology||College of Business Studies||Dr. Khaled El Beely|
|Sudan||University of Science and Technology||Faculty of Administrative Sciences||Dr. Bakri Musa Mohammad|